Posted by Sam Beckham on October 24, 2017
Halloween is right around the corner and if you're like many parents who have a busy schedule, a costume may be the thing you put off until the last minute for you and your kids.
If this is your baby's first Halloween, you definitely don't want to miss the opportunity to have them join in on the Halloween festivities, so we put together four super easy babywearing costumes for the holiday.
Each of these babywearing costumes requires minimal supplies, is simple to put together and will not cause a permanent change to your Baby K'tan Baby Carrier. Take a look and get inspired by Rosie the Riveter, a friendly ghost, adorable pumpkin and a Mama Flower with her Ladybug.
We'd love to see you and baby all dressed up! Share your Baby K'tan Baby Carrier costumes on social with us by tagging Baby K'tan and using the hashtag #babyktanhalloween.
1. A Friendly Ghost
What you’ll need:
1.Put baby in carrier, either facing in or out, and measure all the way around both of you.
2.Cut ribbon according to that length. Tape ribbon down.
3. Measure tulle according to how much of the carrier you want to cover. For me, it was about 40 in. long. Cut tulle.
4. Tie tulle in a knot around ribbon.
5. Repeat steps until the costume at your desired fullness.
6. Trace a face onto black felt. Cut out and hot glue onto ghost.
7. Dress baby in white onesie. Then place baby in your Baby K'tan Baby Carrier and tie the tulle skirt around baby to complete your Friendly Ghost!
How adorable is this?
2. A Precious Pumpkin
What you’ll need:
1.Put baby in carrier either facing in or out. Measure around both you and baby.
2.Cut ribbon according to measurement.
3.Lay orange fabric out on flat surface.
4. Cut pumpkin face out of black felt. Hot glue onto top middle of orange fabric.
5. Cut small hole onto top two corners of orange fabric and bottom. Thread ribbon through the holes. Tie around baby and yourself, tuck in edges as needed around your Baby K'tan sash. Now, you and your little pumpkin are ready for some festive Fall fun.
3. Rosie the Riveter
What you’ll need:
1.Style hair and make-up according to the Rosie poster. (typically red lipstick, black winged eyeliner, and simple victory roll bangs). Tie handkerchief around head like a headband, on mom and baby.
2.Put denim shirt on mom and baby.
3. Put baby in carrier and you're ready to add some major girl power to your Halloween fun.
4. Ladybug and Mama Flower
What You'll Need:
Steps for Wings:
1. Put baby in carrier facing you and measure around both of you. Cut ribbon according to length.
2. Trace wing shape onto red felt. Cut out.
3. Fold top/straight edges of wings over ribbon and hot glue down.
4. Cut out circles of varying sizes from black felt for ladybug spots. Hot glue onto red wings.
Steps for Flower Headband:
1. Trace petal shapes on to colored card stock. Cut out enough petals to go all the way around headband.
2. Fold bottom of petals to make an edge, hot glue that edge onto headband. Make sure all petals are facing the same way when gluing.
3. Glue petals all the way around the span of the headband.
4. Place baby in your Baby K'tan Baby Carrier after dressing her in black. Wrap ladybug wings around baby. Place headband on Mom and you're all set. Easy peasy.
These four costumes are a quick and easy way to execute a fun Halloween Costume using your Baby K'tan Baby Carrier. If you create a costume using your carrier, don't forget to share with us via social by tagging us and using the hashtag #babyktanhalloween - we can't wait to see how they come out!
All prices are in USD.